- Open Instagram: Go to the Instagram website on your computer or open the Instagram app on your mobile device.
- Log In: If you’re not already logged in, enter your username and password to log in.
- Go to Account Settings:
- On the mobile app, tap on your profile picture in the bottom right corner, then tap on the three horizontal lines in the top right corner. Select “Settings” at the bottom, then tap “Account” and finally “Delete Your Account”.
- On the web, click on your profile picture in the top right corner, then click “Settings”. On the left-hand side, select “Account” and then “Delete Your Account”.
- Select a Reason: Instagram will ask you to select a reason for deleting your account from the drop-down menu. Choose the reason that most closely matches your situation.
- Re-enter Your Password: To confirm, you’ll need to enter your password again.
- Permanently Delete Account: Click or tap “Permanently delete my account“. This will initiate the account deletion process.
- Once you’ve deleted your account, your profile, photos, videos, comments, likes, and followers will be permanently removed.
- You won’t be able to reactivate the account or retrieve any of the content or information you’ve added.
- If you change your mind, you’ll need to create a new account from scratch.
Make sure you’re absolutely sure about deleting your account, as this action is irreversible.